Refurbishment of Bridge 0930 Haydn Bunton Drive, over Urban Railway
- Full Traffic Management Plan & mobilisation of traffic control devices
- Submission of Rail Safety Management, Environmental Management, Safety Management Plans to relevant authorities- provision of rail safety personnel.
- Design and installation of earthing and bonding systems
- Engineering design & verification, fabrication and erection of temporary rail protection screens
- Removal of existing rail protection screens and existing precast concrete footpaths
- Form up & pour new cast in situ concrete footpaths with reinforcement bars
- Fabrication of new rail protection screens, guard-railing, W Beams, and balustrades with isolation panels as per MRWA specifications
- Profiling of approach slabs and installation of new asphalt surface to approach slabs and bridge deck.
Competency & Sound Judgement
The project included significant variations including the re-design of the footpaths halfway through the project from pre-cast to pour in-situ, we achieved a cost saving of $80,000.00 and also extended the rail protection barrier – as a result of our efforts we were awarded with the 2017 Civil Contractors Federation WA Category 1 Earth Award.